02 January 2010

Menu Planning Through 2010

Well, I guess 2009 came and went. And now it's 2010.

I know that bloggers shouldn't apologize for their absence or neglect, but life just got crazy at the end of 2009.

We put in an offer on a house, closed, and moved. We went to Georgia for Thanksgiving and California for Christmas. We assembled Ikea furniture and bought a Christmas tree. And we still need to process change of address cards. And I need to change my name.

It's hard to write a blog when you're not sure what you're writing about. Writing without purpose...it's like singing without a song or a melody, it just doesn't work. Since October, I've had some time to reflect on where this blog should be going. It's on my 101 in 1001 list to start and write a blog about newlywed cooking adventures and such. With the new year here, and with it a desire to shed some pounds (or A LOT), I've determined to use this blog in part to chronicle that journey, as well as share menu plans and workouts.

Whether I like to admit it or not, I'm a planner. I like to make a plan, stick to it, and carry it out. With my Type-A tendencies I get really upset when the plan changes without prior notice. I'd like to think that I'm a flexible person, with a go-with-the-flow mentality, but if I'm being really honest, I'm a total control freak.

So when it comes to food, I need a plan. I need to know what I'm going to cook and when and what to buy. Since I'm very new to the kitchen, I'm not at the point where I can step into the kitchen and whip something up with the contents of our pantry. Yet. I hope to be there someday.

Tomorrow, I'll post my first menu plan for the first full week of 2010. Veggies are invited to the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment