23 May 2011

On blogging

I was thinking about it today and I've been a blogger for almost eight years, although, not a very consistent one. I've been looking at all the blogs I've started and then quit and I must have at least six. All of them have been hosted on Blogger, so it's not like I've lost out on hosting, but still. I realize, that's kind of sad.

I think I've figured out how to make myself a more successful blogger. For me, success at blogging is consistency, creating a community of friends, and gaining fulfillment through writing. It doesn't mean that I need to leverage having a million views or thousands of comments. Instead, I just want to build community with other bloggers, to learn and encourage each other.

In order for me to do this, I need to create a writing a calendar. I think that with this blog, I'll write at least twice a week to begin. I think I'll be spending most of this week figuring out what I want the focus of this blog to be. It'll definitely be about adventures in cooking, maybe some things I've learned since getting married, and eventually home projects. There's this headboard that I've been DYING to make. Have you ever been to Ana White's website? AMAZING.

I've been inspired by other food and home bloggers out there. I absolutely LOVE reading Young House Love. They are so real and write in a style that's fun. If I lived in Richmond, Virginia, I'm pretty sure I'd want to be their friends. Actually, I think I'd want them to want me to be their friend. (In the non-creepy, stalker sort of way!) For some reason I've been having a lot of baby thoughts on the brain (but trust me the hubs and I are totally not ready yet!) and I was reading about the Petersik's adventures in cloth diapering. They made it look so easy! And after looking at the cost of diapers over the lifetime of a child.... I think I'm sold. And we're not even trying to have a kid yet! Although, I'm thinking that this blog could also chronicle that...when we get there.

There are several food blogs that I totally drool over, and there are probably too many to list. Seriously, my Google Reader is bursting! So I'm going to take this one step at a time. Baby steps, so to speak...no pun intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment