25 July 2011

The Job Interview

So it's been about five years since I've been on a real, live job interview. I had a few interviews in between, but they were all for internal positions, so the pressure was a lot less. A LOT LESS. And then when I moved I took a trip around in the world of self-employment. I love it. I really do. But, it's no joke that the pay can be sporadic and completely unpredictable, and we're at a point in our lives where we need a little more stability as we move into the next phase.

No, I'm not giving up photography. That's hardly the case. But yes, I am and have been applying for a full time job that would supplement our income while my business grows. I really didn't know what I was getting into starting my own business, but I love it 110% and wouldn't give it back for the world. However, there are realities, like paying bills and also having a little thing called fun. And money is required, of course.

All this to say that I had my first real interview in five years last week. It was actually the first time that I was really excited about the interview and I think I might just have aced it. If that's possible with interviews. I was able to talk about my passion, instead of keeping is swept under the rug, and I'd be able to talk photography in this job until I turn blue in the head. So, suffice to say, I'm super duper excited about this job prospect. I also have to mentally prepare myself for the idea that I may not get it. While I think I did well, I don't want to get all cocky and think that I'm in just yet.

However, the hiring manager asked me for some references, so I'm thinking that's a definite good sign. And now begins the waiting game. Patiently waiting for some good news via email or phone. Or the other type of news. But I'm staying positive and optimistic without getting overly excited. And praying. I'm definitely praying for this one. I don't think I've ever wanted a job as much as this one because it just blends my passions together nicely and it's just all kinds of good. Plus, the commute would only be 10 minutes! Seriously.

If you're reading this, please send your thoughts, vibes, and prayers. Thank you so much! I so appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment